Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Flowers and Lace Junk Journal!!


Hello everyone! I hope you are having a wonderful day!

I recently saw a Youtube video of a woman making a junk journal. I thought it was so beautiful that I just had to try and make one for myself! The name of the womans channel is Nik the Booksmith, and she is so amazing at journal making! I highly recommend checking it out!

After watching a few of her videos I decided to get the supplies I needed to make my own. I had the best time making one that I made a few! And actually have sold one online!

Here are a few pictures of a junk journal that I made for a friend!


This is the front cover. I used chip board to make the hard cover and designer paper for the cover. 
The plate on the front is made from metal and is made by Tim Holtz. And they are perfect for labeling your journals. I just sewed a button as a closure with some ribbon to keep the journal closed 


All of the pages are dyed and then sewn in to attach them to the spine so that they are nice and secure! At the ends of some of the pages I have also sewn in some old lace that I found!


This is the inside front cover. 
I created a pocket so you can tuck away any ephemera or pieces of paper you would like to save and put away. I made quite a lot of tuck spots so it would be easier to add photos.
I also added a few tabs on the signatures so its easier to flip though.



All of the pages are tea dyed along with some envelopes I dyed as well. I added the envelopes so you can use them to store your memories inside and in the back behind the envelope as well! 


Making envelopes is one of my favorite things to add as well. That way you can remove it or leave it in the journal!




Moe pockets and sewn in buttons. 
I have used music paper to decorate with also.


At the very end of the journal I made a larger envelope so that if there was any other pieces of memories, ephemera or photographs you would like to keep back to add to your journal you have a larger place to keep them! And it is removable.

Thank you so much for letting me share this junk journal with you! 
I think for my second journal I have ever made, I did pretty well!

Have a great day!

Love, Angela


No comments:

Post a Comment